Okay, maybe not only in Louisiana, but still. The following really happened to me this afternoon.
Around 4:15 this afternoon, I hear a knock at the door. Cohen was napping on me so I hesitated to even answer it. I got up, and it was the neighbor girl (15yo maybe?). She asked for my FIL, who wasn't home. Then she proceeded to ask me if she thought it would be okay for her to keep the alligator she caught in the big pond way in the back. I told her I guessed that'd be fine, thinking it was a baby. Well then she kept talking, and told me it was about NINE feet long!
What?!
I asked her how she caught it and she told me she made alligator sounds and threw bacon at it. And kept throwing a rope that was tied to a metal pole she stuck in the ground at it.
Crazy!
I called Scott, and later on he told me that when his dad went to investigate, there really was an alligator tied to a pole back there. He said it was about six feet long. And he called animal control so I guess they'll come take care of it.
But wait, it gets better...
Are you ready?
They must have talked to the neighbors some more. She caught it with a hook, and...
They're going to eat it Saturday!! And they catch and eat the ones they find in their pond.
Glad I answered that knock.
Wow! That is amazing. I wanna see the alligator. Pics!!!
ReplyDeleteI wish I would have gotten pictures!! Scott said i shouldn't go back there though, and we left for Disneyworld anyway. Maybe next time we have a gator incident!
ReplyDelete