I'm making a vow today to use my dslr for the next 10 days' worth of photos. I think I'm going to start setting goals like this for my 365 project so I don't get stuck in a rut and to keep things interesting and challenging. Better photos, here we come!! :)
Also, I think I may reinstate Tuesday Tidbits. I'm pulling myself out of this funk!
So here's today's tidbit - it's more a memory than a tidbit but oh well. I didn't learn to ride a bicycle until I was 8 or 9. I knew all the other neighborhood kids could do it, so I was embarrassed to even try since I knew they'd laugh at me and tease me. So, one night when my dad was still commuting to Houma and thus getting home very late, my mom stayed up late with me practicing riding it in the house. I remember being so proud that I got it finally and then being so excited and staying up very late to be able to show my daddy that I could do it. And then in the following week while riding my bike with my best friend Jo, he (or maybe his mom, I don't remember now) asked me why I was on my bike and not my scooter, and I remember telling them it was because my bike had had a flat tire. The way Jo's mom smiled at me, I knew she knew the truth, and that was okay with me. She kept my secret from the kids, and that's all I wanted.
No comments:
Post a Comment