Monday, June 28, 2010

Bleh

I'm having a bad morning.

First off, last night about 20 minutes into True Blood, Cohen has had enough and is ready for bed. Which is okay, he usually goes to bed right after 8. But in the meantime, I miss the show. Which that is okay too, because I can't get in to it this season. So we go to bed. Now, on at least four different occasions between 9pm and 1am the stupid dog starts incessantly scratching at the carpet in his newly built kennel. Now mind you, he is NOT kenneled. He has just decided this is an appropriate behavior to do in the night to make it more "comfy" I guess. He also decides multiple times to whine at the bedroom door and sit in front of it scratching himself. And that doesn't sound like too bad a thing (the scratching himself), except it makes the tags on his collar jingle rather loudly. Come about 2am the babe is grunting/fussing in his sleep. And nothing I was doing for him made him sleep more peacefully. So I'm pretty much done with sleeping at this point. Somewhere around 330ish I fall asleep only to be woken up at a little after 5 because of more whining. By the dog. Because apparently it's time for us to get up.

Cohen and I get up for the morning around 730. Tend to the babe, tend to the pets, tend to me. My stomach is not too happy this morning. Cohen goes back to sleep around 845, I play on the computer, the weather turns ugly. The dogs won't listen. I get up to fuss/tend to the stupid dog, Cohen wakes up. And is unhappy. Because he wasn't ready to wake up. I end up putting the dog in the kennel, and then try to get Cohen back asleep. And now, Buddy, the outside cat, is crying at our back door because it's storming. And I feel terrible. But, he can't come in.

So now, the babe is asleep, the dog is in the kennel, and Buddy has stopped crying and is hopefully somewhere nice and dry. And my stomach is still upset. And the cat pooped on the floor.

Here's to Monday mornings.

ETA: Did I mention my grandma had brain surgery this weekend too?

No comments:

Post a Comment