Friday, May 21, 2010

The basics of my budding family!

So most of you reading this probably already know me, but for those of you who don't, here's a short history of me and the fam!


I'm 24 years old.  I graduated high school top valedictorian in 2004 out of a class of 262.  I started at the local university right out of high school in art.  My plan was always to get my masters in art therapy after I got my bachelor's, but life happened while I was off making plans!  :)  (Maybe someday I'll go get that degree!) I met Scott two days before Christmas 2005, and he just stuck!  We got engaged right before the next Christmas and married in October of 2007.  We took our honeymoon in Hawaii, and it was by far the best vacation I've ever taken!  I graduated magna cum laude in December of 2008 in art w/ a concentration in photography.  (Of course the semester after I left, the department gets approved to have a BFA (bachelor of fine arts) and not just a BA program.  And of course I would have already had everything needed to get that F in my BA... haha!  The one time I actually want an F!)  Oh well, I've done lots with that degree anyway as a stay at home mom!  :P 
January 2009 I started working as a veterinary technician and absolutely loved it!  I loved the ladies I worked with and I loved what I did.  I worked there until July, when I found out I was pregnant.  I quit b/c of all the dangers of working there... I did x-rays, then there's al the surgery preps w/ the anesthesia, we treated some HUGE dogs and also the police dogs so physical injury was also a threat, and of course the possibility of toxoplasmosis from litterboxes.  It wasn't a tough decision to leave, but I sure do miss it sometimes.

Scott was also attending the local university when we met, but soon switched to the community college and got a degree in automotive mechanics.  He has since been taking the ASE certification exams and has passed all but two, and hopefully passed those last two too!  We're waiting on the results now.  

Anyway, I had a fairly easy pregnancy.  I never had morning sickness or other complications really, and I only gained about 30-35 pounds.  (And it's all come off and more with breastfeeding!) Cohen was born on March 24th weighing 8 pounds 14 ounces and was 20 inches long.  I was induced, but otherwise had him naturally!  And that was one the most amazing thing I've ever done!  He is now eight weeks old and thriving on Mama's milk.  I love breastfeeding and hope to open up that possibility to all the pregnant ladies around me currently.  (So if you have questions/need advice or are just curious, feel free to talk to me!)

I enjoy my family's company (in-laws included!), and sometimes wish all my aunts lived closer so we could have more weekend get-togethers with everyone like I remember doing growing up.  Both my parents and Scott's parents are still happily married, and I'm very thankful for that.   I have a brother named Gary and he and his wife Heather have twin 7 year old girls!  I just love PJ and Emmie!  I also have a sister-in-law named Angela and she and her husband Kelly have Victoria(8) and Logan(3.5) who I also love soo much!  (Logan thought I had "swallowed" baby Cohen while I was pregnant. haha!!)

Well, I suppose if you're still reading you've noticed my love for !! at the end of most sentences.  I have a problem with doing that!  Now I've rambled enough and need to get up and go stir the spaghetti we're having for supper.  And it's almost 11 and Scott will starve if I don't leave soon to bring him some lunch! 

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you and glad you are promoting "mama's milk." The results show the benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i almost starved but you made it just in time ;)

    ReplyDelete