Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 79












Golden raspberry.





Jewel raspberry.





Red heritage raspberry.





Blackberry.

I got all of those berry plants for under $10 at Walmart. They were on clearance because they aren't looking too hot but I think they'll be fine with some attention. I'll plant them in the ground once we are in our house but for now the pots will have to do. A lot of the lily bulbs are sprouting already. My parents got me some more too. So there should be plenty that actually sprout. 

In other news,  my child has quite the temper and is perfecting the art of the ragdoll, limp noodle, head banger, and lastly, screamer.  Not all the time mind you.  Mainly when he's sleepy and things don't go his way.  Being a toddlebee is so hard.  He's starting to really form some words too.  He's got some pretty consists ones anyway.  Clock, truck, ball, duck, hi, bye just to name a few.  And while he doesn't sign too much anymore, I still keep at it in the hopes it'll help him express what he wants eventually even if he can't form the words. 

Also, the flood threats have been lessened some so we should really remain nice and dry.  Such a relief.  I sure hope they are right though.  And that we don't get a big rain system or tropical mess any time soon.  

Things are going so slowly with the house.  At this rate we may not be in it by August.  Big big :( although I have to keep reminding myself at least we are able to have a house, and the way we want it, and the security in knowing everything was done right.  Before this Christmas right?  That's what I said my goal was.  And even August is before this Christmas so...

Okay, that's all for today.  Have a lovely evening!

2 comments:

  1. A friend of mine has lots of blackberries in their yard, and they made a kind of long Arbor for them to grow on. It makes it realllly easy for picking. And the maintenance is easier too. If you grow them along a fence you tend to get weeds and overgrowth all around it that's hard to cut without damaging the plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweet face screams?? ;)

    I love raspberries! I collect the leaves for tea. They help my PMS!

    ReplyDelete