Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tuesday Tidbit

Soo, it's been quite a while.  And I missed a couple of these.  Oops!

Well, here goes.  I really like the color purple.  And jewel tones.  And glass.  I love things with glass.  Not just any glass though.  I like colored glass, and especially seeded glass.  It's just so lovely.  And wood.  Old, rustic, aged, distressed wood.  With deep stains.  Not necessarily dark stain, but deep and rich and full of body and life.  (In the buying process, this is read "expensive" unfortunately.)

Okay and now a house update!!  It looks like a house!!  Just about all the 2x4 stud walls are up and done, and the ceiling boards are almost all up.  I think the carpenters are working on the roof currently.  The tray ceiling in the dining and the one in our bedroom are up.  I just love love walking through our house!  The small bedroom really doesn't seem as small as I thought it would.  It's not big by any means, but it's not tiny either.  My office is really much bigger than I thought too!  The only sorta weird thing is the hall bath.  It's just, well, weird.  But, something had to be weird, right?  That's it.  But that's okay.  It's still functional and all, just a little awkwardly laid out.  Oh, our back porch is HUGE!!  I just wish we still had friends to come and enjoy it.  But I suppose even if we did have friends, and they did come over, only Scott would really be able to enjoy the space and the company because Cohen only goes to sleep at night in bed with me.  Not rocking, not in a carrier.  So, I'd be stuck in bed between 8 and 9. 

Which brings me to Disneyworld.  I am excited and nervous all at the same time.  It's gonna be a lot of fun, but it's really going to try me I think.  And I surely hope it doesn't cause Cohen to wean prematurely.  I have no qualms about nursing him in the parks.  Heck I've nursed in Outback, on the train at Global Wildlife, at a wedding, at a car auction, the aquarium, and even in the middle of Southdown Marketplace.  I just hope he can calm down and focus enough to nurse with all the commotion.  And it's just going to be so busy and I'm sure there will be some late nights out.  I know it'll all work out in the end, it's just going to be stressful at times.  And that's okay.  I hope to come out a better, more confident person in the end.  (I know you're probably thinking, sheesh, it's just Disney!)

Okay, off to do some online research/shopping!  Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment